Friday, May 24, 2013

Good friends are blessings!

This week, my friend Tara, who lives in Oklahoma City, said she had to come up to Tulsa for an appointment and would I like to meet up with her? I was excited about this, because the last time I saw her was about a year ago (we do keep in touch online though). So, we made plans to meet at Chic fil-a for lunch and let the kids play together while we catch up.

The kids played for a long time in the play place, while Tara and I chatted. Then somebody else's kid threw up on the slide....EWWWWW....so yeah, it was time to hit the road, jack! We decided to head to a local park where the kids could keep playing and we could keep talking!

Stephen, Ryan, Emily and Emily walking and talking as they head into the park.

The 2 Emily's playing with sand.

Ryan wasn't so sure about having his picture taken, lol.

Here are me and Tara! We've been friends for quite awhile...we actually met online on a "mommy discussion board" - her and our group of about 10 other moms have all become close friends. I'm glad that she lives close enough that we can spend time together occasionally! We are planning a sleepover next month!

It was a very nice day; the kids all got along; and Tara and I had a chance to catch up on each other's lives. I really enjoyed it!




1 comment:

  1. What a nice day! It sounds like fun! And EWWW for the throw up. ha!

    ReplyDelete